Positions are available in Wang Jiangyun's team at the Institute of Biophysics, CAS
Wang Jiangyun's team at the Institute of Biophysics (IBP) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) specializes in the research of synthetic biology and chemicobiology. The team is looking for one or two postdoctoral fellows, an associate researcher and a research apprentice (master's degree or above). The salaries and benefits will comply with a higher scale of the standards of the IBP.
The main research topics are as follows:
1. Green chemistry, enzyme-catalyzed chemical synthesis, enzyme engineering and directed evolution of enzyme molecules;
2. Receptor signal transduction mechanisms such as G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCRs);
3. Biosensing and self-assembly of biomacromolecules;
4. Fixed-point labeling and imaging of protein and RNA biomolecules.
1) Passionate about scientific research, active and responsible in work, and a prudent scientific attitude;
2) A doctoral degree in related areas including organic chemistry, structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and cell biology; having published high-level scientific research papers in international academic journals; and being qualified for independent scientific research;
3) Good written and spoken communication skills in Chinese and English;
4) A good team spirit.
How to apply
Please send your resume, representative research papers, research ideas and three academic referees (including name and contact information) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email header, be sure to specify "Wang Jiangyun Team Job Application".
These positions will be open until filled. Applicants are supposed to read the papers published by Wang's team over the past five years and submit a future work plan based on the team's existing work as well as expected research results (500-1,000 words) on the four research topics mentioned above.
Applicants should invite their thesis supervisor and direct leader to provide two letters of recommendation and send them to email@example.com.